Frequently Asked Questions
What is Badanamu Singapore currently teaching?
English literacy programs for children ages 18 months to 5 and above.
What is your standard based on?
- We have a comprehensive in-house Badanamu Literacy Assessment (BLA).
- Allows us to have an initial gauge of your child’s proficiency in English, so that we can appropriately place your child in the right level.
- BLA also serves as the benchmark for progression from level to level.
What is so unique about your program?
- Highly favourable 2:5 teachers to students ratio
- Sessions involve whole-body-movements
- Lessons work seamlessly with Badanamu Home Learning Kits to enhance the overall learning experience.
What can I look forward to in a trial class?
- The exact same experience as our regular students.
- All classes will cover thematic craft, whole-body-movement sessions, Montessori-inspired activities and literacy sessions suited to the child’s weaknesses.
How long will I see progress in my child?
- Around 8 – 10 weeks, while understanding that all children are unique in their own ways.
- Progress will be enhanced with Badanamu Home Learning Kits.
Why are students of different age groups (2 – 5yr olds) doing the same things together in the same classroom?
- Classes consist of common activities and resources that are applicable across all age groups in class, whether the children are working independently or individually.
- Children within the class are encouraged to work together despite age differences to improve social interaction and understand social rules.
How is your teacher to student ratios like?
- 2 teachers to 5 students.
- More favourable than ECDA guidelines
If I don’t want to take up the trial session, will my child still be required to take the BLA?
- Yes, during the first lesson of the term you signed for, whether 12 or 24.
- If you have specific concerns on taking BLA, we will be open to address your concerns.
- The BLA facilitates us to chart the progress of your child.
How qualified are your teachers?
- Our educators are trained in Early Childhood pedagogies.
- Minimum 1-year practical experience.
How would I know if you’re delivering what is promised?
- Crafts, activities and reading material where applicable, can be brought home. These allow you to know what has been done in the class.
- The BLA indicates milestones needed promotion and it serves as a benchmark for progression from level to level.
- You may wait for your child at the play area and see the how our children experience the playtime and whole-body-movement sessions.
- If you would like to speak to our educators, a casual feedback session may be arranged.
What can I do to reinforce what is being taught in class?
Our Badanamu Home Learning Kits complement what is taught in class and can effectively reinforce learning outcomes at home or on-the-go.
While enrolled in Badanamu classes, I’d like to understand how my child is doing. How do I make sure my child is progressing?
- Teachers will be available to provide a casual update after classes.
- Child’s improvement is charted by the BLA every 3 months or at intervals where applicable.
You have a designated play area. How safe is it?
- Designed to help children improve gross motor skills through learning facilities that are movable.
- Safer than traditional playgrounds, with padded movable elements.
- Facilitates social interaction.
What are Badanamu Home Learning Kits?
- High-tech interactive reading materials that allows connection via Bluetooth, online or offline.
- Facilitates independent learning and reinforces what was learnt in classes.